Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Check in. (even though it's only January 2nd)

It's pretty easy to keep resolutions this early on, right? Well, regardless- checking in!


I had an awesome time at Trina's Starlight Lounge with some great friends on New Years Eve.  Great company, snacks, and drinks.  I slept in yesterday, but then I ran 5 miles.  It was not the best five miles I've ever run.  It was not the most fun.  But I did it.  The snow and ice certainly slowed my pace (as did my headache) but it felt good to be out there.  I can't remember if I mentioned it before, but I finally got some compression tights, good socks, and a running jacket (The jacket was part of my Halloween costume).  It's really amazing how much better you feel when you wear clothing that is appropriate to what you are doing.  I also replaced my running shoes.  You don't want to know how overdue that was.

Today, I taught Tabata, ran a mile on the treadmill (on an incline), and did 10 minutes on the stairmill.  I'm feeling inspired by something two friends (the fabulous Jess and Josh) did last year which was run every day one month. Even if it's just a mile. The stairmill is just an old goal. I hate it. But I know it's good for me.  I will say, it's been, at the very least, 6 months since I've stepped on one and it was a lot easier. It is still pretty boring, though.

Food has also been going well. I tried salmon for the first time and it was delicious!  The waitress dropped it first and I had to wait for a new one... but it was worth it!  Sticking to points and feeling pretty in control right  now. Also, my Keurig (Christmas gift) has really been aiding my coffee habit.  It's so easy... and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment