Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New (to me) food

TVP
I've had a bag of TVP sitting in my pantry for months.  I felt like I saw 5094343 recipes in my books that used it, so when I saw it at Market Basket (whaaaat? no really) I bought a bag and thought I'd figure it out.  Turns out there was one recipe and so it sat.


I finally decided to use it last night in some Vegan Sloppy Joes from the fabulous book, How it All Vegan!  I've been happy with everything I've tried in this book.  I realize that I've never had non-vegan sloppy joes, so I can't say it's better or worse or just like, but they were good! 

I didn't have all of the ingredients I needed (no tomato paste) and made some substitutions, so the sauce was probably not quite right, but still yummy.  They were the prettiest things I've ever made, but what can you do.
Made some cajuned sweet potato over "fries" on the side.  One thing- I was in a bit of a hurry to get to rehearsal, so I had to eat quickly.  A smoking hot sloppy joe is a terrible thing to eat quickly... mouth and throat- burned. Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment