Monday, January 27, 2014

Here we go again...

I need to be honest... I've been pretty terrible about tracking and sticking to Weight Watchers for a while.  Ok, more than a while.  I hit goal and lifetime in the spring of 2012 and I didn't hang out there all that long.  Maybe through the summer and some of the fall? 

I definitely have a lot of excuses I could throw out.  At least one of them is even valid!  I did discover that I have a thyroid problem a few months ago.  I noticed that even while I was training for the marathon last year that I was gaining weight no matter what I did.  I was definitely eating more, but I tried to keep it to healthy choices and it didn't seem to matter.  Once I realized that, I admit I kind of gave up and didn't try as hard because it didn't seem to matter anyhow.

After maybe a year or so of this happening, I went to the doctor for some neck swelling and she discovered my hypothyroidism.  It was totally a relief to find out there was an actual problem that explained the weight gain and other symptoms, but I have absolutely revisited some terrible habits that are (again) hard to let go of. 

I've been back to some meetings, but not as consistently as I should.  I'm tracking more often, but not often enough.  It's been a stressful couple of weeks and I certainly have been medicating with bad food choices. 

So here I am... admitting it out in the open hoping that this will be the kick in the ass I need.  I know I can do lose the weight because I did it before.  Get ready for some possible weight loss status updates?  Maybe they will just be limited to the blog?  We'll see. 

2 comments:

  1. Dearest Cousin... I could have written that blog exactly the same. (Secretly jealous of your inherited hypothyroidism-reference Nana Lil) I have to buckle down and get back to those "good habits" as well! Rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better, I'm freezing! Thanks, Nana.

    And thank you :)

    ReplyDelete