Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Plateaus...?

This is my sixth week back on plan going to Weight Watchers meetings.  I'm very happy with my progress so far, but this is when it starts to slow down a bit for me.  As long as there is a loss, I know I shouldn't complain. And I know that losing at a slow and steady pace is better, but wow I'm impatient.

I want to concentrate on making positive changes and not slipping back into old ways instead of concentrating on the number on the scale.

I've been doing Weight Watchers on and off for a very long time... maybe 10 years or so?  I am going to make sure I measure everything I eat and cook.  I can probably estimate a cup of something by eyeing it, but I am going measure when I can (at restaurants, sometimes you have to give it your best guess) and that means EVERYTHING at home.

Get to the gym. I have the time, I have the membership.  I went six days last week. That exceeded my goal of five days and it was great!  I tried a new class- Total Body conditioning.  I am totally a Les Mills BobyPump fan, but while I'm in a show, I can't make it to the Thursday night class, and my goal right now is to get three days of a full body weight work out in every week.  It was great to switch up the routine!  SO many squats... I also made it to a super popular Saturday morning Spin class.  I signed up 8 minutes after the online reservations started and was put on the waiting list. Yep. Luckily, I got bumped up.  Getting a spot was motivation to get up early on Saturday and head in.  So glad I did.

I've restarted a 5K running program.  I have an iPhone app that I'm pretty sure used to be the C25K, but changed to "Ease into 5K".  It gets the job done.  This time, I'm pledge to do each workout.  In the past, I've skipped weeks or stopped part way through and then just started running as long as I could a slower speed.  I really want to build up to a better speed this time, so I'm pushing myself to run faster than I'm used to on the running intervals.

I'm trying to avoid sleeping in so I can get to the gym in the morning and then eat breakfast.  It's bad to skip and sleeping in feels like such a waste of a day.  I guess I should also try to get to bed earlier...

I want to try a new recipe every week.  Or a new ingredient.  Last year when I went vegan, I did this and discovered some amazing new healthy food.  This week, I think I'm going with a Lentil Soup from The Kind Diet (links to blog).  Also- my local Market Basket (while I still find it to be hell on earth to get through) has some pretty amazing produce.  Last week, I got Shanghai Tips (they're sort of like tiny baby bok choy) and Thai Chili (dear god, they are effing hot). Oh, also lotus roots- still need to do something with those.

Oh- as always- I need to make sure I drink more water.



I'm hoping these things motivate me to keep going and stay positive!  Also- I need to take more pictures for this blog. You know, the one that no one knows about.

No comments:

Post a Comment