Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Non scale victories

So my car has been in the garage again for the past couple of days and I haven't been able to get to the gym. That sounds like the beginning of a long excuse, right? Nope! Even though I've been car-less, I worked out at home.  Luckily, I have my old choreography DVDs from BodyPump and Zumba AND a barbell.

It was actually kind of wonderful to revisit BodyPump 66 yesterday (it's the release I trained on).  I was so proud to make it through that training weekend.  It was probably the hardest thing I've done physically.  If I had known what it would involve, I wouldn't have signed up, honestly.  Three days of crazy weight lifting, techniques, and boot camp craziness.

The Zumba today was partially because I'm going to re-certify and hopefully teach again!  It's surprising how much you can remember once you hear an old song you used to teach.  Looking forward to starting that up again!


One more thing- I signed up for Spin for Hope.  It's a three hour spin ride on March 4th for the American Cancer Society.  Please consider a donation if you are able!  My mother and grandfather are cancer survivors, so the cause is close to my family and heart. (actually this is where the car thing becomes a pain- I thought "I'll take a few spin classes a week to train. Sadly, I do not have a spin bike at home)


No comments:

Post a Comment