Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lifetime and other things

It's been a while since I've blogged!

First off- I hit Lifetime at Weight Watchers!

10% key chain with 25lb, 50lb, 75lb,
16 week, goal, and lifetime charms

This is the closest thing I currently have to an after picture... I'm sorry it sucks... It's even like a month old...




It feels great and a little strange, much like goal.  Like I have said before, I think when I started Weight Watchers a long long time ago, I viewed goal and lifetime as an ending, and I see now that it's really not.  For one, I still have to track food and exercise since NOT tracking food and exercise is how I gained weight.  I also still have lots to work on fitness-wise.  Please don't misunderstand- I am so proud of how far I've come with my weight loss (97lbs currently!!!) and my fitness level (more about that later), but I can always set a new goal to work on. I could run more miles, I could run faster, I could try a new activity, etc.  And I don't think that's a bad thing.

The Full Monty at Stoneham closed a very successful run a couple of weeks ago! It was a really great experience with some wonderful people and I got to wear this wig for one song- 

This happened.
and I got to share a dressing room with these hot chicks

Aw, I miss you girls.


I also had a cabaret this past Saturday at Arts After Hours. It was a lot of fun!  I think I saw Corey taking some pictures?  Corey, do you have any?

This is also the big audition season in Boston.  Ok. I'm done making excuses for not blogging....

So bad news on the marathon front- I will not be able to afford the Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge in 2013!  Turns out getting married is expensive and so is the race and a trip to Disney World. So... maybe next year. But I am still going to find a marathon to run in 2013. I'm open to fairly inexpensive, not too hilly, and pretty suggestions.  I am still going to run the Race to Remember May 27th.  (crap, I have to register for that)  The training is going pretty well!  My last long run was 10 miles and if it hadn't been raining, and I hadn't eaten tortilla chips before bed, I think it would have been pretty good.  I have no cold rainy running gear, so I ran in a wet and heavy sweatshirt.  

Ok- I'm going to admit something now.  I've had a rough week staying on program and I have no explanation.  Life can get in the way, but I know how to handle that, I just haven't very well.  I let myself have an extra beer or two on a couple of occasions, I indulged in the basket of chips at a restaurant, I had more almond milk ice cream than I should of, etc.  I've kept up the exercise, but I can feel myself slipping every now and then on the eating.  I'm hoping that putting it out there in this post will help me get back on track. If you see me pick up a chip, just slap it out of my hand (don't really do that, please).


Ok- onto my goals for this summer... 

1) I want to find a marathon to train for.  

I find that I like running more if I have a goal in mind.  Not just running faster or longer, but "I need to run this long or fast on this day, so I shouldn't skip this day of training".

2) I want to train to teach Les Mills Body Combat.

3) I want to play more than four chords on the guitar. 

I played along with the fabulous Josh Martin at the AAH show, but I would love to be able to play on my own without terror :)

4) I want to purchase and learn to play a ukulele.

Pink. Nuff said.

5) I want to be more mindful of the kinds of food I eat. 

I eat a lot of healthy food.  I also eat some junk food.  I really notice the difference in how I feel when I run. We had this wonderful pot luck between shows the last Saturday of The Full Monty.  People really outdid themselves!  Anyhow- I ate things like wheat berries, chick peas... whatever the hell it was that I brought... oh! Succotash.  I ran nine miles the next day, and if I didn't have a matinee, I could have run more. I felt amazing!  The ten miles I ran the next week? Not as good. The rain, sure, but the tortilla chips.  I counted them. They were within my points, but they really didn't give me much energy.


Alright- that's it for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment