Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's October? Excuses, a recipe, and a dog

Wow, time flies.  It's October, Ragtime has come and gone, Joseph... has started, I'm another year older, and I haven't really been running or counting points... I've been teaching and working out!  Just not as much as I would like.  I mostly blame the dog. Sort of. He's far too cute to leave sometimes.

So- August through the beginning of October, I was working on the beautiful and epic musical, Ragtime. I was very excited to play a dream role, Mother, with such a wonderful cast and production with Fiddlehead Theatre.



New Rochelle ladies with out giant hats and wigs


Tateh and Mother. And her giant wig.

Opening

So. The PointsPlus counting has been extremely lazy lately.  I have no excuse.  I know it's easy. I know I can do it, I just have had a hard time.  Mostly, I've been good for a few days in a row and then I'd kind of ruin it for a couple, then back to being good... I admit, I have not been to a meeting in a couple of months and I'm sure that's part of it.  I need to go back. It's been so easy to brush off for a while, though.  The holiday season is coming up, though, and I NEED the stability.  I need the support.  I am going back! (Sadly, next week.  Because this week, I am having a tooth pulled... ick)  But- I have been tracking since Monday.  And I'm feeling good about it.  Thursday will be the test.

Ok- "recipe" time. "Recipe" because I didn't do a whole lot to make this good.

I took a picture of it, but it just looked disgusting.  It was amazing, though!

Tofukey Chorizo and Pumpkin Millet


Millet- 1 cup dry
Water- 3 cups
Pumpkin- 1 can
salt and pepper to taste

Tofurkey Chorizo- 1 package
Onion- 1 large, diced
Red pepper- 1 large, diced
Garlic


Put the millet and water in a large pot and bring it to a boil.  Turn down the heat and let it simmer about 25 minutes.  Add the pumpkin and salt and pepper. 

In a skillet, cook the garlic and onion for a few minutes and then add the pepper.  After about five minutes, add the chorizo.  The spices on the chorizo were so yummy that I didn't add anything.

Serve together... I got about 4 servings out of this. It was amazing. But not attractive.  But amazing.



RUNNING STUFF---


It's been a while. I've been running maybe one a week. And not far. I blame this guy-






Ok. He's not totally to blame. But it's just so hard to leave him sometimes. And he doesn't like running. Not for more than a quarter of a mile. 
We adopted Winston in August.  He's a wonderful addition to our family! But he makes me slightly less productive than I would like to be.

Anyhow- I'm getting over it. Mostly.


More on running- I know I was supposed to run the Salem Wicked Half marathon in September.  It turned out that we had a ten out of twelve rehearsal (10am-10pm with a two hour break) and I wouldn't have made it on time.  Ah well.
BUT- once I have a better idea of what my next year will look like, I will start picking out next year's races and train!

Also- since I last blogged, I started teaching BodyCombat, Tabata, Circuit, and re-started BodyPump.  They're all going well and the different classes keep me busy and entertained.  I definitely prefer this to the 40239420 Zumba classes a week that I used to teach.  I still teach and love Zumba, don't get me wrong.  Now I just teach it 1-2x a week and I enjoy it.

PS- lunch time discovery- frozen Brussels Sprouts are horrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment