Monday, September 16, 2013

Training, eating, and stuff

I had hoped to be blogging more often, but the summer went by so fast!  Quick recap:

Fiddler on the Roof at Reagle Music Theatre of Boston:


Frumah Sarah
Frumah Sarah and Gramdma Tzeitel
Mr. Dan Sullivan, my bottom/better half

Water bottle dance?

Insanity Certification! 

New favorite class to teach!

 I've subbed a couple of times, plus did a one time class at Shad.  It's the first time I had people actually lay on the floor in the middle of a work out.

I ran my first 5k! I know it sounds weird, but I was pretty nervous.  I'm not all that fast and I'm always afraid I'll finish last.  I just wanted to finish in under 30 minutes, and I did.  28:59 to be exact.  It was a small race, so I even got a prize in my age group.  It was a fun event.

Right now, I'm training for the BAA Half Marathon on October 13th. It sold out in under 15 minutes, so I'm very lucky to have a spot.  It'll be my first time running this race, so I'm not sure what to expect.  Kevin and I are also signed up for the Massachusetts Rebel Race on October 26th.  I'm a little nervous about this one.  We signed up for the 15k, so that means 3 times around the course and a lot of obstacles.  I'm fairly certain I will just hang from the monkey bars George Michael Arrested Development style, but I think I have a fighting chance at the climbing and crawling through the mud.


Ok. I have to admit, again, eating habits have not been all that great for a while.  I recently had two really great weeks followed by one really terrible one and it's gone a little like that for quite some time.  This time, I'm physically writing down my points and activity, and that actually is helping me stick to the plan a little bit more. I'm definitely struggling and it's really just the food.

Oh! And I get to run the Boston Marathon again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment